Menu

Still have questions about Videotext!

5parkers

You ever go over and over something so many times that now you are just so confused? That is me trying to decide if I should start Videotext math for my daughter next year in 8th, or wait till 9th. My plan was to continue in CLE which we always have used through 8th- then switch to Videotext starting in 9th. The rep at the homeschool conference told me if I did that she would be repeating alot of math- so I should start her in VT next year in 8th. I could spread it out 8th-11th grade, and then she could either not do math in 12th- do a consumer math- or do a dual enrollment in college that year. But I don't know what to do!!!! Could any of you Videotext users out there shed any light on this- give me some direction- I would so appreciate it!

My daughter does work very well independantly- she is not a math expert, but she does do well in math.

Thanks !! :)

You ever go over and over something so many times that now you are just so confused? That is me trying to decide if I should start Videotext math for my daughter next year in 8th, or wait till 9th. My plan was to continue in CLE which we always have used through 8th- then switch to Videotext starting in 9th. The rep at the homeschool conference told me if I did that she would be repeating alot of math- so I should start her in VT next year in 8th. I could spread it out 8th-11th grade, and then she could either not do math in 12th- do a consumer math- or do a dual enrollment in college that year. But I don't know what to do!!!! Could any of you Videotext users out there shed any light on this- give me some direction- I would so appreciate it!

My daughter does work very well independantly- she is not a math expert, but she does do well in math.

Thanks !! :)

If you are sold on VT I would just start with it now.

Mostly I will bump you. I haven't used VT, I just am planning on using it. :)

Heather

" The rep at the homeschool conference told me if I did that she would be repeating alot of math- so I should start her in VT next year in 8th. "

Which rep told you that... from CLE or VT? I'm curious because I was planning on having my son finish up CLE math with either 7 or 8 and then move into pre-algebra. Does VT cover pre-algebra?

:)

Gayle

The rep from VT told me that.

We use CLE- which when I compare it to other maths it is very strong and seems to be "ahead" in math. My daughter completed 7th grade CLE- and I believe it definately prepared her to start VT. VT starts with pre-algebra(module A) and then goes into Algebra I. I did debate whether to give her another year of CLE in 8th- which I think would benefit her, and possibly make doing the Algebra I alittle easier since she would have already been introduced to some of it in 8th- but after talking it over with her she is up to the challenge to go ahead and just start VT. I figure we would just start slowly- taking 2 days to do a lesson, which VT reccommends if starting in 8th. Hopefully all goes well!