Menu

Amy in CO, look here. About PAC

Yes, we have used some PAC courses, too, and have found them to our liking.

We've used the Physics/Chemistry course, English 1 and 2, Am. History, and Biology with added labs, also.

For English 3 I plan on using the three chapters that cover writing more heavily and adding a different literature study to fill out the year, possibly CLE Lit.

I love it that the PAC chapters can be chosen to make the best fit for each family/student.

Question for you: You've used the Anatomy course? I was thinking of using it next year and counting it as a half credit course in health. Supplemented with an Abeka book, Life Management Under God (can count as either Bible or Health).

Since you've used the Anatomy course, does my plan sound reasonable to you?

We used Alpha Omega for health with older dc and wasn't thrilled with it.

Susan

My daughter has enjoyed the Anatomy books. She is just about done with the 2nd book (there are only two). We are incorporating it into the biology course, because I didn't feel that either was enough by itself. Since we are using it for a biology credit, she is doing the biology books, the anatomy books, and several labs (including dissection and microsope).

For a health course, the anatomy books cover only the body systems. It covers the endocrine, nervous, integumentary, skeletal, muscular, circulatory, respiratory, digestive, excretory, immune, and reproductive systems.

If you add it too the abeka book you mentioned, which says it deals with relationships, safety, drugs, job success, responsibilities, preparation for marriage, and such important issues as abortion and evolution (from their site), those two books together cover all that I remember covering in high school health. So I would say that it should work well for a 1/2 credit in health.