Menu

help writing letter?

My sister got fired from her job as a insurance processor. This was a very high stress job. Her immediate supervisor has said she would give her a reference and it makes sense to get it in a letter.

My mind is a blank--I would greatly appreciate anyone's input on how to structure just a basic recomm. letter.

these are the main points

--high stress job\

--employed over year

--positive review and received yearly bonus\

team player--jard worker

so why did she get fired? High pressure expectations--if her quality was sufficient, her numbers were not. If her numbers were the right amount, then the qualitiy was not.

**sigh** this is not happening at a good time but she has to move on-hopefully with a positive reference

Anyone want to take a stab?

Nandell

I'm sorry your sister lost her job. Hope she's able to land another position soon...

Here's a stab at a reference letter (I'm assuming she's being asked to type it up and her supervisor will sign?).

----------------------------

To whom it may concern:

I would like to recommend <sister's name here> as a candidate for a position within your organization. <Sister's name> was employed with <name of company> from 200X - 200X. In her position as Insurance Processor, <Sister's name> was a strong contributor and regarded as a team player. She has <insert other applicable qualities here such as excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, able to effectively multi-task in a high stress environment, etc.>

<Sister's name> was always willing to offer her assistance and had an excellent rapport with her team members as well as external customers. She would be an asset to any employer and I recommend her for any position she chooses to pursue.

If you have additional questions or would like to discuss <sister's name> experience and qualifications in further detail, please feel free to contact me at 888-555-1212.

Sincerely,

Jane Doe

Job Title

Company

-----------------------------------------------

Good luck! :)