Menu

****Anyone try Life Pac Spanish ?????? :o)

The advantages are that you can do it with multiple kids. I wanted to do it as a group with my then high school son, junior high son & elementary-aged son. My oldest struggles with foreign language & my youngest excels at it, so this odd mixture actually worked quite well. And I had just enough high school/college Spanish under my belt to supervise this.

We followed up with Switched on Schoolhouse (SOS) Spanish II for the youngers because I knew Spanish II would be beyond my limited skills. (My oldest, now a college grad, only completed that one year of foreign language & didn't need any at college for his Bachelor's.)

SOS Spanish II worked well, though I wish they could have had more exposure speaking Spanish with others. When my youngest went to public high in 9th grade & continued with his Spanish, his teacher told me several times that whatever I'd done with him really worked well! He took advanced Spanish at our local university for dual credit this year (11th grade). But maybe that is just him?

Anyway, both the LifePac version & the Switched on Schoolhouse are very do-able, yet rigourous enough to put kids at or beyond what is offered at high school. But add in some "real life" Spanish-speaking if you can.

Hope this helps,

Dawn