Menu

Video Courses

My ds learns best by seeing and hearing - BJU DVDs have been great to meet this need (except for science which was waaaayyyy over his head) and because of the cost starting to add I'm trying to see what other options (besides Abeka) are out there that are options - He really wants to use the US History as he likes Mrs. Vick and understands it may be challenging with the dates and information presented and Algebra 2 is probably fine but my problem is Literature. He has learned a lot from the literature but we're using it a grade behind (his reading skills were delayed and this summer he was diagnosed with severe hearing loss and wearing hearing aids so skills are starting to come forward but it a slow process). I'm going to try using IEW SWI C which I have on the shelf now (writing is something we've just not focused enough on and definitely a struggle for him) so I'd rather find some type of independent literature component with video - any other options besides BJU come to mind? Any video courses for Chemistry that are not overwhelming for a non-science major (I was thinking of getting the Chem 300 lab set for labs) - Apologia has not been a good fit in the past. Ideas?