Menu

Feedback on Potter's School English 1 (Gr 7) Junior High

teacalm

Ds is using K12 Intermediate English B right now but while the literature, vocab, grammar (so, so BK English 7 - much prefer the rigor of RS English) and composition is more than sufficient in content and workload, I'm looking for feedback on work and assignment from a teacher. Hence, the reason for looking at this class.

Really appreciate any feedback.

Potter School's English 1 - (Gr. 7 English)

http://www.pottersschool.org/tps/courses.asp#JHCL

While I do not have experience with their English classes, I am certain that this course would be as rigorous, if not more so, than any other online class. Our experience with Potter's School has only been a positive one, and they really strive to offer the best educational experience. My daughter may take the English 1 class next year, and my son (will be a junior) will most likely take English from them as well, plus a couple of other classes. The "owners" of Potter's School are passionate about discipleship and education. HTH-:)

Sorry to have a dissenting view, but my son was bored stiff with Potter's School. He enjoyed the teacher, but he found the questions from the other students "lame." He's quite bright, and, although he didn't say anything negative in class, he did beg me to not have to take it. He enjoyed the work (100% on all projects in the Lego/LOGO class)...

I'm going to let my choices sit before I make the final decision. I'm having a difficult time right now with ds's pre-pubescent moodiness and sulking. He used to just do his work without any quacks and sulking. I just felt that he needed to be accountable to another person except me - Mama. I love him dearly but he is turning my newly colored hair roots' white and it's only been a week.:((

I'm also looking at the Gr. 6 Writer's Workshop instead of the English I. The daily writing gives more practice.

So far, I have the following classes lined up: (subject to change, of course)

Regina Coeli's Meaning of Myth

Regina Coeli's Latin

Regina Coeli's Pre-Algebra/Life Science

Potter's School English I or Writer's Workshop

Potter's School History of the World

We are currently enrolled in a public charter school using K12's courses so for next year, if I have go through these courses, I will have to pull him out of the charter and go on our own. But it would still be a lot less than enrolling in a private school, which I almost did 2 months ago out of desperation.

Thanks so much again.