Menu

Anyone use DIVE CD with Apologia AD Bio.??

Has anyone used Dr. Shoreman's lectures on the DIVE CD with Apologia Bio. books?

He says if you use his DIVE CD with an Apologia .....you should use the both books. ( Apologia Biology & Advanced Apologia Biology)

It sounds GREAT!!!~~~very challenging!

If you have used this course..Can you tell me the pros & the cons??

Also Did you buy the DIVE kit from Home Science tools that matches with the course? Was it worth it?

Anyone have Dr. Shoreman correct & manage this course for you...I think it costs an extra $200.00 / class.

I look forward to hearing from you!!!!!!:iagree:

Thank you!!!:001_smile:

I've got the same question. Are you planning on doing both biology books in one year? I'm planning, at this point anyway, on doing one book a year and that should prepare her for the AP test in biology. The Apologia books read really nicely, but there's still a lot of info to absorb so I think two in one year would be a lot of reading and studying. I'm sure some have done it though. :)

Yes, we plan on using both books!!!

If you read his info. & reading list...you'll see you don't read both books completely.His course content covers the material in both...but the books are only to supplement his lectures & experiments.

Thank you - now I understand what you're planning on doing. I was thinking of doing it the opposite way - following Apologia from front to back, and skipping around on the DVD to the appropriate sections and labs. I think either way could work well - would be great to hear from people who have done this and their experiences. :)

I think you are right either way.....it will work.:001_smile:

We use his DIVE CD for math & my kiddos really like him.

I think following his course & supplementing is similar to a college class...where you listen to a lecture & take notes...7 have outside reading. He also only gives quarterly exams ...like you will get in college.

So, I won't even use the Apologia test....

I know it's a stretch if you are secure & comfortable with Apologia.

I just think he will be a great Christian teacher with great insights...& he really wants the kids to learn & challenge themselves. He also will correct & keep tract of your kiddos progression..which will be great for a reference some day! There is a cost for that...of course! Oh.... and I have e-mailed him a few times with questions...& he always responds very nicely!!

You could also use his course & just listen to the books....both....that may be a great option for you too!

Anyone else use this combination...

DIVE CD with Apologia Biology & Advanced Biology?

It looks challenging....I am excited to use it with my kiddos!

Let me know if you have done this program & how it worked out for you!

Thank you!:001_smile: