Menu

History Odyssey Level 2 Ancients question

HeidiKC

I just purchased this and was looking over the required books. One of them is the magazine "Learning Through History: Ancient Rome". When I flipped through the lessons, it looks like you only use THREE pages of this magazine? Am I missing something? Does anyone who has done this remember if this is correct?

Because I just bought an awesome DK book on Ancient Rome and am wondering if I could just use that instead.

Final question: if it is only one assignment of three pages for the whole year, could someone please tell me what the specific topic is on Ancient Rome in the magazine in case I want to just use the DK book instead?

Thanks so much!

I've used other sources for all books that are only used for a lesson or two, unless the book is at the library. :001_smile:

That being said, it's actually used in 6 lessons: 70, 73, 76, 78, 79, and 80. There are also a couple of projects in the magazine that are recommended. It looks like you read most of the pages between 8 and 60. My personal plan, if the magazine isn't at the library, is to check out another magazine or book on Rome and have dd read through that instead. I don't see any reason you can't read through the DK book instead. ;)

We haven't gotten to Rome yet, we're just starting Greece. But we use HO Level 2 and I originally bought the whole "Ancients" pack of Learning Through History Magazines (Egypt, Near East, Greece and Rome). We did read a bit out of the magazine for Egypt but frankly, you could probably do just fine with library books!! I have found that you can basically substitute any of the books except KFH with this program. You could probably even substitute KFH is you took the time to look up the equivalent pages in another history encyclopedia.

There's my 2 cents!:D