Menu

Yikes! We might be putting an offer on a house on Monday!!!!

This is happening SO much faster than I thought it would! We've been talking for a while about being ready to move and financially we are (FINALLY) able to do so. I thought we'd look for a while, get our house ready to put on the market, put out a few offers, and then move. Riiiiiight.

Sunday MIL (a realtor) found a great house in need of some TLC. But it's just perfect for us! An amazing price for triple the space we have now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though. If it's not THE one, there's something just as good out there somewhere.

I'm just stunned that things are happening quickly!!

Posted that before I was done...

Any tips on preparing to move and actually doing it with four kids and a house packed with all our stuff? lol Regardless of whether or not we get this particular house, we will be moving in the near future so I'm trying to do as much as I can in advance. Plus, we need to simplify so we're able to do some minor repairs and updates. I have already started packing away non-essential books. We've been cleaning through clothes and gathering things to donate.

Edited by Heather in OK

Any tips on preparing to move and actually doing it with four kids and a house packed with all our stuff? lol Regardless of whether or not we get this particular house, we will be moving in the near future so I'm trying to do as much as I can in advance. Plus, we need to simplify so we're able to do some minor repairs and updates. I have already started packing away non-essential books. We've been cleaning through clothes and gathering things to donate.

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat. We just finished the inspection on my new house and put the deposit down (the offer was accepted last week). I am also trying to pack up a house crammed with stuff and 4 kids.

I have been packing a little bit everyday so far. I have finished all non-essential books, craft supplies, my scrapbook stuff, sewing things etc. I started on the school related books/kits last night. Anything we will not need between now and mid May is getting packed away now.

I have been downsizing pretty steadily(though you wouldn't know it with so much stuff still in this house) for a few months so that shouldn't be too bad. This weekend I am working through my basement, packing the stuff to keep and stacking it on one side of the basement, and piling the 'to go' stuff on the other side to start either dropping at goodwill or saving for the dumpster I am rented just before we move.

Beyond that I am pretty much at a loss. I have not moved in 8 years, and I only had 2 kids and they were toddlers(so not homeschooling, few toys etc). 8 years later, I have doubled the kids, their stuff, and am a curriculum junkie into my 4th year hsing. I have SO much stuff to move and most of it is coming with me.

So far what has been happening is to break it down into manageable chunks. Currently I pack 3-4 boxes per day. Simple enough to do without neglecting the rest of my daily duties and not be overwhelmed with the packing, but substantial enough to actually make a decent dent in the stuff around here.