Menu

How Long for CLE 1 LR and LA?

Tabrett

We are using the new version of both. DS does the LA 1st and it takes anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes depending on interruptions and how silly he is that day. He takes a break and then does the first half of LTR which probably takes about another 20 to 30 minutes. Then we have lunch and afterwards he does the 2nd half of his reading lesson which is about another 15 to 20 minutes. He does not focus really well so he disrupts himself quite a bit while working. He could probably get it done a little quicker.

This curriculum is a lot more work than my older two ever did in grade 1. Oldest ds would have taken forever to do it all and with a bad attitude. That said, I feel like I didn't do him much good by letting him get by on so little.

We are using the new version of both. DS does the LA 1st and it takes anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes depending on interruptions and how silly he is that day. He takes a break and then does the first half of LTR which probably takes about another 20 to 30 minutes. Then we have lunch and afterwards he does the 2nd half of his reading lesson which is about another 15 to 20 minutes. He does not focus really well so he disrupts himself quite a bit while working. He could probably get it done a little quicker.

This curriculum is a lot more work than my older two ever did in grade 1. Oldest ds would have taken forever to do it all and with a bad attitude. That said' date=' I feel like I didn't do him much good by letting him get by on so little.[/quote']

So, being very distracted, you dc takes about 1:30mins to get done? My dd is very distracted while working :tongue_smilie:and I sit beside her or she would never finish! I just didn't know if it was my child or if this was normal!

Dot takes an hour per lesson when she's not interested in getting it finished in a timely manner. When she pays attention she can do it in fifteen. lol

I'd say 30-45 minutes is not unusual for the average student, with 60-90 for the lollygagging or struggling student.