Menu

Anyone in AZ (or even not in AZ) - Cards 4 Cancer

Not sure where to put this, but hopefully this is the right forum :)

I volunteered my blog to promote Cards 4 Cancer Day on April 10th, a day where millions of homemade cards will be delivered to cancer centers around the country and given to cancer patients. As a blogger, I decided to become a Team Leader and need to recruit others to help me make cards for this worthy cause. The cards don’t need to be anything fancy, just something nice letting patients know they are in our thoughts. I’ve chosen Phoenix Children’s Hospital Cancer Center as the recipient and I need help to make some cards to bring to the kids there. (and if you aren't a crafty diva, you can buy cards & sign your name - anything to let the kids know we are thinking of them!) Some guidelines for the cards:

- We ask that you stay away from “GET WELL†and also any religious messages in your cards, acceptable messages are listed here:http://cards4cancer.wordpress.com/2010/02/08/types-of-message-to-include-in-your-cards/

- The cards may be signed however the person making the card feels most comfortable.

- The cards may be in an envelope or not but if you do place them in an envelope we suggest leaving the envelope unsealed in case the staff needs to look at the cards before they deliver them.

- All cards should have spiritjump.org somewhere on the card so that those who receive the cards will know where to go should they wish to receive more support.

- I must have all cards by April 5th so that I can plan a day to deliver them to the center.

If you are interested in signing up to be on my team and are able to make some cards, please go to http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDNlemJPbXNwTXo0bjF2MGFxZWg4Tnc6MA and sign up. You’ll need to select “Team Member†for your role, and enter “Dealusional†under the Team Name section. I’d really love to get a bunch of cards to deliver, so please consider helping me in this. If you know of anyone else who may be interested, please, please feel free to pass this along!

If you live in the Phoenix area, I'm happy to come and pick up the cards. Otherwise, you can PM me and I'll provide my mailing address.

Just wanted to put this out there in case anyone is interested!

Thanks!

Amy