Menu

Tech question - mp3 copied onto a cd?

jenL

If I were to download an mp3 audio book from a site where I have permission to make a copy, can an mp3 file be transferred onto a cd? Would I just use something like Windows Media Player? Will I have to convert the mp3 file to a different format?

Guest blueeyeddevil

You can burn an MP3 onto a CD--no problem. You just have to make sure the CD player supports MP3 playback from a CD. Almost all newer models do, but, for example, my car is a 2007 and the player in it won't play them. I suggest using a CD-RW to test it out.

Ahh... good point. I will have to check this. I have a 2007 car too, and I would never have considered the possibility of it not working. Thank you!

You can burn an MP3 onto a CD--no problem. You just have to make sure the CD player supports MP3 playback from a CD. Almost all newer models do, but, for example, my car is a 2007 and the player in it won't play them. I suggest using a CD-RW to test it out.