Menu

Singapore EB Replacement?

Saille

Has anyone used the new books that replaced Early Bird Kindergarten? I really, really liked EB for our family, and I've got one more kid that needs the books. Now it looks like they've managed to double the number of books I need, and I don't know what other changes have been made to the overall format/content of the program.

Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about the US version of EB vs the Standard version of EB??

If so, I have used the first half of the US version of EB and both halves of Standard EB. Honestly I like the Standards version much much better!

As for the number of books... with the US version EB was 4 thin books. The standard version has 2 texts (workbook style) and 2 activity books that make up the course. You could do just the text if you would like what you originally had with the US version. The activity book has some cutting and pasting, games, etc that the US version did not have. My kids have really enjoyed the activity book, but it is not a must. As before the instructions are on the bottom of the page.

As for the number of books... with the US version EB was 4 thin books. The standard version has 2 texts (workbook style) and 2 activity books that make up the course. You could do just the text if you would like what you originally had with the US version. The activity book has some cutting and pasting, games, etc that the US version did not have. My kids have really enjoyed the activity book, but it is not a must. As before the instructions are on the bottom of the page.

:001_huh: You're right, of course. Why was I thinking there were two? I guess because of the text/workbook dichotomy.

Thanks for the info on the activity book! I'm likely to want it. My youngest is tactile enough to miss things like cutting/pasting.