Menu

What's the longest your dc haven't seen a dentist?

We haven't been in a couple of years.

A couple of years ago, we went to the dentist. One child had a cavity that was obvious - the drilled it out and put a crown on.: Two of the others supposedly had 8-9 cavities a piece! I couldn't see them and I thought there were full of it (they even showed me on the X-rays and I didn't see what they were talking about.) Then they filled them with tooth colored fillings.:glare:

Honestly, I think they were full of it and were going for the big bill because the dc were on Medicaid and it doesn't pay much for just a visit. Two months later, the crown came off and my ds lost it. We couldn't pay for the replacement so we left it.

After almost a year, the tooth was bothering him, so I took him to a different dentist to have it pulled. She didn't pull it because she said it would come out soon enough on its own. It did - in pieces. One of those pieces is still there.

When we got to FL, I found a dentist that would take Medicaid (there are very few on our area) and took him to get that piece of tooth pulled. We waited 45 minutes and there were still 2 other people in front of us. When I asked how much longer it would be, she said she didn't know. :glare: We had to leave because we had another appointment a little later. (The clinic was rundown and dirty as well - not a great impression!)

I have found another dentist and this thread reminded me to call and make appointments today. We have never had a good experience with a dentist since my oldest was about 7 (and she was great!) I am optimistic that we will be able to find a dentist soon and start getting regular dental care.