Menu

Editing posts

Karen_OK

Can I edit or delete my posts?

If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit edit.gif button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.

Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.

If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.

This is just the possibilities, but no specifics... I couldn't find anything about a time limit, if there is one.

I can understand not wanting a board to become all choppy and incomprehensible, but I think everyone has posted a bit here or there that they wish they hadn't - and that making surgical edits is not likely to destroy the continuity of the whole.

JMO

asta

(who definitely isn't paying the bills, so will just have to live with how things are)

I think I figured out the answer to my own question. At least on FOR SALE posts, I paid closer attention and was able to edit for one week and then the edit button is no longer available. At that point, if I want to continue posting and have the option to edit my post, I cut and paste my content into a New Thread.

Karen