Menu

Kindle parental controls?

I can give more detail if helpful, but my husband wanted me to find out if a parental control feature was available on the Kindle – or something else that would limit the search results.

He and I have both used Amazon a lot. We have separate accounts and neither of us has ever gotten X rated hits from searches we’ve done. I guess we thought searching for books to buy on Kindle would be basically like searching on Amazon. He just started using his today and so far has run 2 searches for a book he’d like (one time he typed in 99, the other time he typed in whiskey). Both times about half of the first page of hits were something raunchy. At first we laughed, but then he started to think about times he might be searching in public, showing it to a friend or client, etc – plus it is like spam; he just doesn’t want to see it. I was also thinking of letting my older son use it on a trip, but not if the search results are like we saw.

His idea was that there must be some way to have a parental control on it. Has anyone else figured out how to “fix†this?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.