Menu

times tables the fun way vs times tales

My vote is for Times Tales 100%!!!! Do what I did and download the samples, then let your children take a look.

My boys caught the story on all the upper 9s in less than 10 min. with Times Tales. To us, the Times Tables the Fun Way was too much. The stories were long and involved and really didn't click as well as with Times Tales.

I have looked at this in the past, but thought it wouldn't work. I wish I would have just tried it sooner with my boys instead of struggling all these years with every other method out there.

Just my .02!

Kim

thanks for your response...I am looking at Times Tales now...I did the download, thought it didn't work...then later, my daughter asked if we would do some more of those number stories...and she recalled the characters from the download...so I guess, something clicked...now I am just trying to figure out exactly what I need to buy and what I can leave behind...any suggestions??

Kathy

I haven't actually placed my order yet. We just did the download sample over the weekend. I wanted to wait a few days and see how the retention was. Yesterday, they could still tell me all the ones we learned in that 10 minute session Saturday.

The only thing I saw was the one book. From what I understand, all the flashcards and such are in that book. Its at amazon for $19 and some change with free shipping over $25. I was trying to find something to add to get me to that $$.

Are there other things I missed that go with it?

Thanks!

Kim

• 1 month later...