Menu

Diana Kennedy cookbooks

Anyone familiar with most of Kennedy's Mexican cookbooks? I'm wanting to purchase one of her books and can't decide between two of them. Please help me make a choice.

I understand most of her recipes are time-consuming and I "get that" with Mexican cooking but my time is limited. If one of these books has more recipes which are quicker to prepare than the other, I want the quickie book;) . Also, if there is a difference with availability of odd ingredients, I'd prefer the book which will allow me to find the ingredients.

These are the two books I'm considering:

My Mexico, published in 1998, ISBN: 0609602470

I read somewhere that this book has her memoir in it???

and

The Essential Cuisines of Mexico (P), her latest book published in Oct 2009, ISBN: 030758772X

It seems that Kennedy is the guru of Mexican cooking. If you know of a better Mexican cookbook, I'm open to suggestions but please tell me why your suggestion is better. Thank you...

Edited by Anna

I haven't seen either book but I had her "The Art of Mexican Cooking". I had given it to my mom who said it wasn't worth the effort, lol. I tried to make a few things but found the ingredients to be difficult to obtain. She does offer lists of where to order things.

However, The few things I did make were very good. Perhaps go read reviews at Amazon or ask there and see if others can review the exact books you want.