Menu

All About Spelling, used for reading?

DawnL

Okay, a friend of mine suggested All About Spelling to me, for helping my DS6 with learning to read. We are doing a laid back kindergarten, and have been using the Bob books. We did start out with 100 EZ Lessons, but that is really boring and we just couldn't do it anymore.

So would All About Spelling help a very active 6 year old boy with learning to read? He does okay, but still guesses a lot. It drives me crazy, but I don't let him see that, as I know he is trying. See, my son has a sensory processing disorder, and so has a hard time letting his brain work before he does something. He tends to not pause for thought and just "do it". Plus, he is leaning towards perfectionist, and so hesitates if he is unsure of something.

Edited by DawnL

Okay, a friend of mine suggested All About Spelling to me, for helping my DS6 with learning to read. We are doing a laid back kindergarten, and have been using the Bob books. We did start out with 100 EZ Lessons, but that is really boring and we just couldn't do it anymore.

So would All About Spelling help a very active 6 year old boy with learning to read? He does okay, but still guesses a lot. It drives me crazy, but I don't let him see that, as I know he is trying. See, my son has a sensory processing disorder, and so has a hard time letting his brain work before he does something. He tends to not pause for thought and just "do it". Plus, he is leaning towards perfectionist, and so hesitates if he is unsure of something.

I don't see why it wouldn't help. It is multi-sensory, which usually helps with LD students. If your ds is better at spelling, or likes to spell it is a great way to work on reading. The tiles are also a lot of fun and Marie is great at answer questions if you need to tweak things.

Heather