Menu

Singapore MPH 3/4 or Sonlight Science 2????

momtolgd

I thought I was ready to order Sonlight science 2, but then I looked at Singapore MPH 3/4...now I'm just not so sure. I want to use one thing for both my 9yo ds and my 7yo dd. Which of these would you recommend and why? UGH. Science is my most difficult thing to decide on. :confused:

Also..if you choose MPH, what parts did you buy? Are the tests and the teacher's guide necessary? Thanks.

Is there a list anywhere of the supplies needed or do I need to wait until the books arrive? If I can order any of the items through Rainbow Resource center, I can place the order all at once.

I haven't started with MPH but I've been doing some planning with it :)

If you start with Diversity (as suggested), you should be fine with household stuff until lesson 2.2 where you'll need a potted plant (30-50cm) and a box to put over the plant. At section 6.4 you'll need 3 petri dishes filled with agar. So I'd imagine if you're looking to order quickly from Rainbow, you can get the petri dishes, but I don't think you'll need too much more right away.

But again, this is just from my notes reading through the books - other people may have better lists (and if so, I want them!) :001_smile: