Menu

What is Classical Writing and for what age group is it designed? nt

gandpsmommy

I started Aesop A with my oldest is 3rd grade. Found that writing things out by hands was too much for her, very time consuming, so I paused it and had her learn to type. Much easier. But in the end our pause didn't hurt things because Aesop A only has 18 weeks. Aesop B is recommended for 4th grade and is only 18 weeks.

Now if you are brave you can take the "core" book and apply it to stories of your own choosing. We have just been focusing on dictation (using The Arrow by Bravewriter at $6 a book) in between levels, while reviewing grammar.

Homer A is recommended for 5th grade, and once you reach that level they have more weeks and the Poetry level will also take up some time, so you probably won't need to fill.

It might just be easier to wait till 4th grade and have 36 weeks of material in Aesop A and B.

Heather

Here's a link to what the entire curriculum will look like when the authors finish writing:

http://home.att.net/~mikejaqua/whichbookstobuy.html

I believe Diogenes: Cheria is being beta-tested right now, and everything up to that point is completed and ready for purchase. (And the beta edition of Cheria may be available for purchase.)

The grade-level designations are suggestions; there are plenty of students using books not designated for their current grades (e.g. 7th graders in Homer, 5th graders beginning Aesop, etc.).

My 3 oldest dc use CW, and my 1st grader will begin when she is a little older.