Menu

Vegan recipe help needed

I'm looking for a variety of recipes (more than 2) that are simply grains, veggies and spices/herbs. I don't want soy products (tofu, tempeh) or dairy substitute products (egg and cheese substitutes). I can't seem to find recipes that don't have the tofu or dairy substitutes unless it's soup and we're becoming "souped out", lol.

Can anyone point me in a good direction for my specifications?

Thank you!

I also avoid tofu and other soy stuff. To me it just tastes icky. So I was delighted to find two cookbooks with great recipes that do not rely on these ingredients. (OK, some of them still call for that stuff, but the vast majority don't.)

Veganomicon

The Complete Vegetarian Kitchen

The Complete Vegetarian Kitchen is actually full of vegan recipes. I wouldn't bet my life on this, but I think *every* recipe is vegan. Perhaps they are marketing it as "vegetarian" to have more mass appeal?:blush:

Anyway, you can read the descriptions and reviews on Amazon. I recommend them both quite highly.

hth!

This is a yummy recipe. It also presents beautifully!

Wild & Brown Rice Salad

Toss together 2 1/2 cups of cooked and cooled Wild/Brown Rice Blend (I buy the pre-blended type so I can cook it altogether), 3-6 chopped green onions, 1/3 cup craisins, raisins, or dried cherries, 2 T chopped fresh cilantro, 1 T chopped fresh parsley with Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing (I love Paul Newman's). You can make this the night before and store in the frig. Just before serving, top with pecans or cashews.