Menu

Punctuation for 7th and 6th grade after AG

We've used JAG (5th grade) and AG Season One (6th grade) this year along with Easy Grammar and Daily Grams...... good, but a bit redundant.

Next year, I'm wondering if we could use Jensen's Punctuation and maybe Daily Grams with the next Analytical Grammar progression: Season One for my 6th grader and Season Two for my 7th grader.

Is Jensen's written for an older student, or could a 6th and 7th grader use it? My kids are pretty good with grammar.... we completed Winston Grammar before this year's JAG and AG.

If you want to cover some punctuation before getting to season three, you can pull out the following from season three and do them after season 1 or 2 (they don't rely on the advanced grammar):

Capitalization

Dialogue

Quotations

Titles

The Possessive

Just a thought.

Thanks, ladies.

Just for clarification..... My hopes are that AG would be our "grammar," and when we are completely finished with the instruction part of AG, we would begin Jensen's Punctuation. Daily Grams would be a short blend of the two to carry us through the year.

Does this still sound too redundant?

I love the thought of using the few punctuation lessons from AG Season 3. I'll look at that for sure.