Menu

Is anyone using FLL3 this year?

gandpsmommy

Guest rosecaritas

We are using FLL 3. It is similar to FLL 1/2. There is copywork, dictation, narration and memory work. My dd really likes it. My dd and I hope FLL 4 comes out this summer.

FLL 3 covers the parts of speech, dictionary skills, oral usage, letter writing and diagramming. There is writing involved but I wouldn't say it is writing intensive. We do the lessons 3 times a week and probably spend about 30 minutes.

:)

We are using it. It is similar to FLL in its tone but instead of just touching on concepts they are really getting familiar with them. There is poem memorization and copywork and dictation but we do our own copywork/dictation on a different schedule. There is quite a bit of sentence diagramming.

I allot 15 to 20 minutes per lesson though some run far shorter and I have to tack on a lot of time because this child is insanely chatty.

I will use the program again and look forward to FLL4.

I love that it includes copywork, dictation, grammar, poetry and narration all-in-one. I'm a big fan of all-in-one.

It is parent intensive. You'll need to sit with your student while they do the work.

The writing isn't bad at all. I actually require more in terms of copywork for our notebooking, so ds thinks the coywork in FLL3 is a breeze.

I love the poetry selections this year. A Tragic Story by Willima Makepeace Thakery was hillarious to work on.

I've had a love-hate relationship with it for the first part of our year, but now that we've switched a lot of curriculum around (history/ readers/ read aloud), I'm finding that I've got more time to devote to this, and I'm not dreading it as much. I was just freaking out last semester because I felt like I was being pulled in too many directions with too much to do for our school day; With our other changes, I'm feeling much better about the time I devote to FLL 3 and I'm not looking at is as such a drag anymore.:)