Menu

Live online birth

INNEAPOLIS, MN) - MomsLikeMe.com cyber mom, Lynsee, gave birth to her first child live online early Saturday morning at Abbott Northwestern Hospital.

KARE 11 has been following Lynsee throughout her pregnancy and streamed the labor and delivery live on the moms social networking site Twin Cities.MomsLikeMe.com.

Thousands of viewers shared the birth of Lynsee's child in the wee hours of the morning when Lynsee and her husband Anders welcomed the infant girl into the world at 12:46 a.m. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces and measured 18 and 3/4 inches long.

As a former consumer science teacher, Lynsee decided to share the birth of her child live online as an educational tool for others and to create a lasting momento for her baby.

"I've had plenty of women say, 'You're absolutely insane. You're going to have your delivery live on a website and this is your first baby? What are you thinking?' Well, (for) me as a family consumer science teacher, I feel like I am the textbook and the people in my (online) group are the classroom," said Lynsee.

Lynsee went to her normal checkup Friday morning, where it was determined she had high blood pressure. She was directed to the hospital's maternity assessment ward for a blood test, then admitted to a delivery room late Friday afternoon.

With her mother and husband by her side, Lynsee has been steadily progressing.

You can still view the livestream by clicking here.