Menu

I'm not over reacting - but trying to figure out if I should make a call of complaint

They hung out beforehand and afterwards in front of the door, smoking and cussing. I was the only one who thought those two groups were incongruous, and that having the drugged-out (and formerly drugged-out) along with the preschoolers was a bad idea.

I would have talked with the church about the smoking and cussing. THe church people then had the option of talking with the NA representative who organized it as a meeting place. People in recovery ought to be able to appropriately limit their vices around children. I've opened and closed and arranged and handled many similar meetings and would have absolutely insisted on courtesy and respect of the 12 step crowd to the reality of children.

That said, it's likely preschoolers are around the drugged out in public all the time. It's frightening how many drugged out people there are and how they functionally survive among us. Most addicts look just like your husband, the moms on this board, hold jobs, are productive citizens. The ones attending a meeting are less of a risk; not more.