Menu

Northern Virginia?

Please talk to me about Northern Virginia. My husband is on the job hunt and has had an interview near Dulles Airport. He wants to live as close to the airport as possible. Our budget is teeny. I don't imagine that we will rent first, but that could happen. More than likely, we'll buy a house. A yard and 3 bedrooms are minimum requirements. My max to spend is 300K.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking around at houses. Haymarket is one area I like, as is Sterling. We would like to be near some homeschool groups and/or activities as well as natural food places. I want it all. LOL Oh, and a a basement. I miss having a basement.

The last time I posted about a job opportunity, my dh didn't get it. I kind of hope that's what happens this time, too.

As far as natural foods goes, there's Trader Joe's and Whole Foods.

The traffic is horrible, as I'm sure you know, although Haymarket or Sterling would be close enough to Dulles.

Houses are very, very expensive. Did you see anything for $300 when you searched? I think Haymarket is kind of rural, and would be much more affordable than Sterling.

Houses are very, very expensive. Did you see anything for $300 when you searched? I think Haymarket is kind of rural, and would be much more affordable than Sterling.

I'm seeing a few things, but I am guessing that they are foreclosures or short sales. I'd rather stay away from a short sale. Both Haymarket and Sterling have some houses.

Do you know what kind of homeschool activities are available? Right now, we get choir through our congregation. That's our only outside activity. I plan to put the girls in something when we get there just to help them meet some new people.

Edited by susie in tx