Menu

Has anyone use Time Travelers for a co-op class?

KristineIN

Yes, I did. It was WONDERFUL! We accomplished this in about 13-14 weeks. If you want to check out what we did in greater detail , click HERE.

How much time will you have per day?

I would suggest sending home the reading material and reviewing it in class. This will save you a little extra time. We also made a quiz board with questions from the lesson we were currently on. If they answered it correctly, the child got a small piece of candy: m&m, skittles, etc.

And then you can do some of the hands on activities in class. She provides lots of activities, and all of them are high quality projects.

You MUST do the lapbook! It is put together really nicely. Even if you have to pre-cut everything, get a couple mom's to help and make sure this one is done. :)

When we talked about "BEE's" (there is all types), we had a honey tasting day. One time, a mom brought in all types of cast iron pans, iron, etc. An other time a mom brought a tea brick.

It was a wonderful co-op class(actually our summer study), and I am looking forward to doing a different one this summer.

If you have more questions, please ask away. I think I have my review questions saved in a word document. If you would like them, just email me and I would glad to send them to you.

I am so excited for you to do this! We LOVED it!

Have fun!

~Tina

We are using these this spring - the drawback I can see is - LOTS of paper prep work - there are tons of copies to make, on certain types of paper, and you have to print lesson by lesson. Of course, I think the copyright does not allow you to copy for a whole class, just within a family, so each family would have to purchase a CD, and then I guess you could make each family do its own copying. But I would be concerned with making sure that everyone had all the papers necessary, and all the little extras to make each part of the lapbook. It is a fun project, just a lot of work! Anne Marie

Thanks, I think one would have to contact Amy about using it in a co-op. I can't see everyone have to spend $28.00 on the cd. I don't mind the paper prep. I could see cutting out the stuff for the lapbooks ahead of time. Anyway, it just looks like it would be really fun to do.

Thanks,

Kristine

I contacted Amy and asked her if I could use it in our co-op and she said it was ok. :D She is a WONDERFUl gal and I couldn't speak highly enough of her. She is really there for homeschooling families.

Check out the yahoo group for Time Travelers as well.

Yes, there is lots of copies to make, but if you make them ahead of time and file them away, there isn't a problem. We had a mom volunteer to make the colored copies of the pages that had colored pictures. If you have a couple of helpers (mom's) to work with, that would help lighten the load.

~Tina