Menu

Anyone have info on Eagle Mtn/Saginaw, TX?

Boy, is this REALLY specific.

I have a friend who is looking at buying a house in Eagle Mtn/Saginaw in Texas. After some googling, I have found that this school district is on the HSLDA website as not being so friendly to homeschooling families. If there is a bad atmosphere in that town, my friend would probably not want to buy a house there.

So, my question is....

Does anyone have any experience with this area of Texas?

I know this is extremely specific, but I'm taking the chance that someone can pass on some info...and tell me we're being paranoid...

Oh...thanks for the link! I'm definitely going to pass it on. I know people in Texas are a lot friendlier about homeschooling than where we live. We tend to be a lot more cautious. We get the "are you crazy" line all the time. One of my friends was interrogated at the grocery store by the cashier the other day. :glare: She said it kinda ruined her day. :angry:

Thanks again for the link to their awesome homeschool group!! :auto:

Wow, that is specific! I live just north of Saginaw...I buy groceries there, that's how close I am. There are bunches of homeschoolers in this area.

I'd say its a comfortable easy place to homeschool. If she wants, joining the Texas Homeschool Coalition is nice protection. She can google for more info. A sport's group my son played for is http://www.pthss.org

Tell her I said welcome to Eagle Mountain/Saginaw.

Edited by Happy