Menu

Can I join the afterschoolers?

Hello!

I'm not new to TWTM forums, but I need to change my status a bit.

I homeschooled my boys in the States for half of school year '07-'08 and all of school year '08-'09. That was our first experience with homeschooling and it was fabulous.

We are a military family and we are now living overseas (again) and we have decided to send them to a local private school for language immersion (German). They have very reasonable school days and I've decided that I'd like to also do a little afterschooling with them for a few reasons. We plan to do spelling, writing/grammar (SWB curriculum) and SOTW. I'll also being doing some reading instruction with my 5 year old daughter. My boys are actually very excited about both - school and afterschooling. My plan is to start this coming Monday. They've been in school for 2 weeks and I wanted to give them some time to adjust to this new schedule. Luckily, their school never gives homework, so their afternoons aren't bogged down with extra work from school.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to this new group!

Kerry