Menu

Need help with artist and music study

Hot Lava Mama

My ds will be entering the logic stage this year, and we want to do a "biography" book that has information about all the artists and musicians listed in TWTM book. (Logic stage, page 429 through 433 the second version of TWTM). Nothing too complicated. Maybe their name, what they did, a picture or whatever of their "work" and whatever else we can get. The problem is that I am not having any luck finding good stuff in the library for these people. Most of the books are WAY too long to read. Are there any good books that would incorporate many of these people?

Thanks

Hot Lava Mama

Not sure about a book, but Mike Venezia has wonderful short biographies of artists, (as well as musicians, presidents, etc.) that are chock full of the artist's art work. Really nice overview of person written about, their style(s) and so on.

I do have Lives of The Artists by Kathleen Krull (I do believe there is one on musicians too) that is full of 2-3 page biograhies of each person. No pics of art work and sometimes the information is a bit risque.

Not sure about a book, but Mike Venezia has wonderful short biographies of artists, (as well as musicians, presidents, etc.) that are chock full of the artist's art work. Really nice overview of person written about, their style(s) and so on.

I do have Lives of The Artists by Kathleen Krull (I do believe there is one on musicians too) that is full of 2-3 page biograhies of each person. No pics of art work and sometimes the information is a bit risque.

Thanks Jean. I had posted about Katheen Krull's books a couple of weeks ago. Thanks for answering one of my questions. How can you talk about artists and not show their work?