Menu

More Latin questions?

texascamps

So it looks like Lively Latin and Ecce Romani are the favs out there.

Okay, so if you like Ecce Romani and money was no object, what would you order? I went to amazon.com and was lost, as there were so many components, I got confused.

What about Lively Latin. What would you order?

What if money was tight?

So it looks like Lively Latin and Ecce Romani are the favs out there.

Okay, so if you like Ecce Romani and money was no object, what would you order? I went to amazon.com and was lost, as there were so many components, I got confused.

What about Lively Latin. What would you order?

What if money was tight?

You are much better off ordering the Ecce Romani books from the publisher, Pearson, than from Amazon. There is a newer edition (4th) and many of the copies on Amazon that are being offered are the older edition and the prices seem somewhat high. The 4th edition on Amazon is the full, hardcover edition but you can get the full softcover or the split softcover (divides the first year into two books) for considerably less at the publisher site, plus add in the interactive online version.

The Language Activity Books (workbooks) are very good. The teacher's guide is quite comprehensive. You probably want the test masters. The audio CDs are nice to have. You can probably pass on the transparencies, though there's some useful material in there, it's optional. The ExamView Computer Test Bank is really for classroom teachers who want to have a big bank of questions for creating customized exams (lots of students in multiple classes, or who need to create multiple exams due to mastery teaching) and who want to use the software on an intranet to give tests.

The main difference between the 3rd edition and 4th edition are the expanded and revised grammatical and syntactical explanations. The stories are essentially unchanged.

For LL, the preprinted book is on high quality paper and has the CD too. Put your preprinted pages into plastic page protectors and use it as the teaching book and do as Cadam suggested and print out the pages that you need for the students to work on.

Edited by latinteach