Menu

Noeo chemistry II are the science kits necessary?

Quiver0f10

I have a large amount of science supplies and I looked at the list of supplies on the chemistry II page and it appears I have most if not everything listed. Are the instructions for the experiments in the Noeo guide or do they come with the young scientist kits? Thanks!

I'll tell ya the truth, if you're not going to us their kits, I wouldn't go with NOEO. The reason I went with them is because I really liked the resources they used and I liked the fact that all of the materials were sold with it. There is very little instruction in the manual. It is basically a reading schedule. Most of the assignments say read XX page in XX book and do a notebook page for it. As for as activities, it will say, "choose an activity out of XX book and do it." The one we used was Chem. II and you didn't even use the kits until the end of the program and it would just say use activity XX from your kit. So, the answer is "NO" to whether they have instructions in the program itself.

At the time we used it, I liked it because I needed something pick up and go, but I wouldn't buy it again. I especially wouldn't use it if I didn't want the materials to go with it.

I was looking at Science Excursions and their materials list looks like a list of what's in my science box right now. I think I had almost every item, so I know what you're talking about. Wouldn't it be great if we had a curriculum that used up the leftover materials we already had on hand?? :lol:

I'll tell ya the truth, if you're not going to us their kits, I wouldn't go with NOEO. The reason I went with them is because I really liked the resources they used and I liked the fact that all of the materials were sold with it. There is very little instruction in the manual. It is basically a reading schedule. Most of the assignments say read XX page in XX book and do a notebook page for it. As for as activities, it will say, "choose an activity out of XX book and do it." The one we used was Chem. II and you didn't even use the kits until the end of the program and it would just say use activity XX from your kit. So, the answer is "NO" to whether they have instructions in the program itself.

At the time we used it, I liked it because I needed something pick up and go, but I wouldn't buy it again. I especially wouldn't use it if I didn't want the materials to go with it.

I was looking at Science Excursions and their materials list looks like a list of what's in my science box right now. I think I had almost every item, so I know what you're talking about. Wouldn't it be great if we had a curriculum that used up the leftover materials we already had on hand?? :lol:

LOL yes! I am looking at excursions too.

:iagree: My sentiments exactly.

Personally, I wasn't as happy with NOEO as I thought I would be. My son (and I) got very bored with reading about the Periodic Table and all the elements. :tongue_smilie: And then when we FINALLY got to the YS kits, they seemed extremely simple. We finally just dropped NOEO and moved on to something else. We didn't finish all the YS kits.

:iagree: My sentiments exactly.

Personally, I wasn't as happy with NOEO as I thought I would be. My son (and I) got very bored with reading about the Periodic Table and all the elements. :tongue_smilie: And then when we FINALLY got to the YS kits, they seemed extremely simple. We finally just dropped NOEO and moved on to something else. We didn't finish all the YS kits.

Thanks. I will cross it off the list. :)