Menu

Is anyone else "putting off" getting financially stable?

Now there's an idea . . let me know if you figure out how to do it! :lol: I've often considered putting the kids in school for one year while I work FT and get our finances in better shape, but then I wonder how our lives would be changed at the end of that year.

I am contemplating this exact thing, but have the same wonders. Things can happen in a year that we can never take back, KWIM? If I had normal children (no LDs) it might not be so difficult to think about.

I haven't read the replies and I just noticed this thread but I want to agree with you. We made and continue to make many, many decisions that are not in line with such finacial wisdom because there are just some things we are NOT willing to give up. DH is not willing to give up his time with his kids or me. I don't work evenings because he misses me during the day and wants me home when he is. Neither of us "went back to school" because we felt it would take too much of our mind and time from the family. Niether of us has ever been willing to miss which ever stage the kids were in at the time. Now if things became dire, sure, we would do what we had to do. But so far, we have been happily willing to give up "finacial stability" for a happy family life.