Menu

Teaching Co. all on sale til midnight 7/12

Every course is on sale at Teaching Co., code #36687

Even if it doesn't say its on sale, if you put the code in, it will change to a sale price. I did that in checkout.

I have looked at past threads and seen good recommendations for:

Early, High, and Late Middle Ages

History of Ancient Rome

Ancient Greek Civ.

Origins of Great Ancient Civ.

Renaissance, Reformation & Rise of Nations

Western Civ.

Great Authors of Western Literacy

I am interested in:

Museum Masterpieces: Louvre & Metro. Museum of Art

Ancient Empires before Alexander

Anyone around this weekend to tell me about any of these? I did see that some are truly college level, but don't know which of these are. I am looking for interesting, but not overwhelming! It is for my 10th grade daughter for World History. We need to do it in one year. I am open to all lectures if we cover the history well doing that.

So, favorites please. I can't afford them all (LOL), but would like her to have a break from plowing through the history book. (And don't want to cause her to dislike lectures!)

Thanks!

I have been previewing the art history courses for my upcoming 9th grader to go along with Ancient History, and then I plan to use the remaining lectures as we work our way up to that part of history during the next few years (if I'm fortunate enough to get to homeschool him for all of highschool.)

I first ordered TTC Art Across the Ages, but I found it to be too advanced. I thought the vocabulary and some of the concepts were above his level of understanding, and it really got into much more detail than I thought he would enjoy. So.... I traded that in for the course you mentioned above: The Louvre and the MMA set by Professor Brettell. I sat through the first 6 lectures of the MMA course on the first night I received the dvds, and I LOVED it. In fact, I wish I could go to NY right now to visit it! He does a very good job of placing the objects into their historical context and then explaining why it's considered a work of art. There are very nice photos of the objects he's talking about, and the professor has excellent presentation skills (and clearly loves his subject).

Now I'm trying to come up with a few art projects to go along with it.....

I have been previewing the art history courses for my upcoming 9th grader to go along with Ancient History, and then I plan to use the remaining lectures as we work our way up to that part of history during the next few years (if I'm fortunate enough to get to homeschool him for all of highschool.)

I first ordered TTC Art Across the Ages, but I found it to be too advanced. I thought the vocabulary and some of the concepts were above his level of understanding, and it really got into much more detail than I thought he would enjoy. So.... I traded that in for the course you mentioned above: The Louvre and the MMA set by Professor Brettell. I sat through the first 6 lectures of the MMA course on the first night I received the dvds, and I LOVED it. In fact, I wish I could go to NY right now to visit it! He does a very good job of placing the objects into their historical context and then explaining why it's considered a work of art. There are very nice photos of the objects he's talking about, and the professor has excellent presentation skills (and clearly loves his subject).

Now I'm trying to come up with a few art projects to go along with it.....

I don't know what your budget is, but TTC has Ancient Empires b/f Alexander and History of Ancient Egypt bundled and History of Ancient Rome and Ancient Greek Civ. bundled.