Menu

Apologia Astronomy...Lapbooks AND AG or just 1?

Guest lahmeh

Guest lahmeh

I am about to start Apologia's Astronomy and plan to use lapbooks. Do I even need the Activity Guide? My dc are in 1st/2nd. Do you all think the lapbooks are enough? Thanks very much for any advice! :)

Hi,

Do you mean the notebooking journal for activity guide? If so, I wondered the same thing, but I was going to do this with the Botany. I use the Live and Learn Press lapbooks and love them. I also am a member at Apologia's Elementary yahoo group. There I found a sample uploaded by Jeannie Fulbright showing her new guide. After viewing the sample I have decided to stay with just the lapbooks. I think that is a better fit for my family and engages them more. I did think that doing both may be an overkill for my girls. At Christianbook's website they show a few pages of the Astronomy activity guide.

I suggest looking at the amount of writing your children would have to do. Your children are younger than mine so that might make a difference.

Amy

Guest lahmeh

Oops! Yes, I meant the notebooking journal (I was mixing up SOTW with Apologia :tongue_smilie:). I plan to order from Live N Learn Press. So do you think between the text and the lapbooks we'll be good for 1st/2nd? I am a member of the Yahoo Group but my questions seem to get answered much quicker here! :D Thanks!

Personally, I think you would be fine doing one or the other, not both. My children were in 4th and 5th at the time we started Lapbooking. If the writing is too much in either one you could have them to draw pictures for some answers. Sometimes I would write on our dry erase broad and let them copy, but I did make sure that we had discussed and talked about it before I just let them copy. Take a look at samples from Live and Learn and the Notebook Journal and see what you prefer. The lapbooks kept mine interested and were very colorful. :001_smile: