Menu

summer solstice activities?

Anyone doing any activities for the summer solstice? I looked for the Pagan Moonbeams newsletters, because they generally have some interesting activities, but I noticed their last issue was April/May. (I hope everything is ok with them, because I really like their newsletters.)

At the moment all I have is for the kids to look at the Islamic prayer timings calender; since the timings are determined by the sun, they keep getting earlier or later depending.. if you look at an annual listing you can see the spots where it changes from getting earlier to later (or vice versa) and mark where the solstices are.

I was looking for other things like that for the kids to do either today or this week perhaps? Doesn't have to be strictly "academic" either...

We normally do some type of cleansing to our home (smudge sticks, candles, prayer) spend a great deal of time outside (walking, talking, DS doing his rain dance...), and then re-salt all of the windows and doors.

It's a very full-circle, satisfying thing.

a

The solstices are generally deemed the time that the barrier between the living and the dead is at its thinnest.

Salt is considered a "warding" substance; meaning that it acts as a barrier to any thing wishing to do harm.

So, salting one's doors and windows at solstices provides a protective barrier for one's family. I've read of some people who keep it up all of the time.

HTH

a

The solstices are generally deemed the time that the barrier between the living and the dead is at its thinnest.

Salt is considered a "warding" substance; meaning that it acts as a barrier to any thing wishing to do harm.

So, salting one's doors and windows at solstices provides a protective barrier for one's family. I've read of some people who keep it up all of the time.

HTH

a

We have used sprinkles of salt water for the purpose.