Menu

anyone familar with Apex HomeSecurities? (I think kin 2 the neighborhood meat trucks)

I can't believe I just did this.

I never, never do this kind of thing. Meat salespeople have no chance with me--no is an easy thing for me to say. I only buy from scouts at my door, and that's only cause I used to be a scout.

Short version--very personable young person {but. really, I'm not selling anything} wants to possibly give alarm system for marketing purposes. He was familiar with several attempted neighborhood break-ins over last few months. Even knew names, etc. I guess from talking with people in our neighborhood.

Very, very slick. I did catch on (and absolutely wouldn't have ever signed anything) but not quickly enough. I did something incredibly foolish.

What was I thinking--

I let this person in my house to see if the alarm system would work on our doors.:scared: :ack2: (I looked for an aghast and mortified face but couldn't find it)

I did Google them and they are a real company. With multiple complaints but still at least they are a company. And , please-please let it be, I didn't let someone casing houses into our house.

Too embarrassed to almost even sign my name--

Nandell

I know you feel foolish, but it's pretty common (where I live at least) for alarm companies to come around citing the recent rash of break-ins (complete with maps). They'll tell you they aren't selling anything, the system is free! But you have to pay the monthly service fee. That's where they get their money. Or I've been told they are looking for a few "model" houses on the street specially chosen for their free system!

And we fell for it once too...he came in and showed us how easy it was to break in...although he was surprised at our back door which had been upgraded. I think we even signed paperwork, but thankfully you have three days to cancel (that might vary state to state). Some of these people are so slick and confident and personable that you don't get a moment to think clearly.

Soooo...I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just take your standard precautions. :)

I still am feeling a bit shocked--not that I would fall for the pitch-- as much as the feeling of looking up and seeing this strange man in my house at my invitation.

But I'm salvaging what I can from the situation. I'm using it as a teaching experience for my 2 teen daughters about sales pitches and safety.

thank you for your reassurances

Nandell