Menu

american history

gr8tcook

Is there a book similar to sotw for american history? I love the narrative approach to history but even more I love the activity book with it's bibliography and ideas for projects. I have searched a little and come up empty. Does anyone have any suggestions? I will use sotw vol 3 but would like to supplement American history specifically. All ideas are welcome.

This isn't a book per se, and I don't what grade you are specifically gearing towards, but I used this history program I found online at http://www.guesthollow.com/homeschool/curriculum.html which is outlined. There is a ton of information and so I had to cull what I could use from the suggested schedule. I don't know if this is even close to what you were looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

thankyou...I have 6th grader, 5th grader, 3rd grader and a 1st grader. We have worked through both vol 1 and vol 2 of SOTW and sonlight 1 and 2. I loved all the hands on projects and the books listed in sotw activity guides. I was hoping to find something similiar to use for american history.