Menu

Are LOF algebra and upper level books self teaching?

Quiver0f10

My ds did not need any algebra help on a daily basis. There was the occasional question or problem that had to be re-worked so we worked on it together. I'm sure that I could have had him go back to the page that explained it and he could have found the answer, but I often think hearing/seeing a slightly different method helps w/full understanding.

HTH,

You can but in my case even though ds can read LOF (Beg. Alg.) himself, I still have to check his answers. He's not quite there yet with being reliable and all. As much as he's making marked improvement in understand abstract math concept, sadly he's been know to play while I'm away.

As long as I keep watch and faithfully check his work, then he's doing okay and making good progress. Besides, I have to watch how he write his equations. I'm on ds case right now of neatly writing down his equations and solutions. He cannot just give me the answer. He has to show the solution and how he got it.

Labor of love.