Menu

7th Grade Spanish

blessedwith7

What do you recommend for 7th grade Spanish for a beginning Spanish student? We have tried Rosetta Stone, but it didn't seem to stick. I think she would do better with a textbook style program - learning the grammar and vocabulary. I took a couple of years of Spanish in high school and would be comfortable teaching if I had a good program to use. Thanks a lot

I highly recommend Galore Park's So You Really Want to Learn Spanish series. You can go as fast or as slow and it can be done independently; very doable. I'm using the SYRWTL French and Spanish series and although we are moving slowly, we are learning. I use the French and Spanish bibles as practice for reading and although I'm not sure of the right pronunciation, I still read with them anyways. The constant exposure to the same words seems to help with the connection on the usage and context.

Ray of http://www.horriblebooks.com sells this series and also bookdepository.com. The series is published in U.K.