Menu

Accounting Programs for Mac Users

I use Quick Books (for PC) in Parallels, but I like to get rid of it. Too cumbersome. Quicken Financial Life for Mac 2009 is due to in July and I was just reading the reviews at Amazon for the 2007 program with frightening results. I don't think I want to go there.

I called Quicken but the sales rep was surprisingly illiterate about the product. Not usually the case with Intuit in my past experience, but she didn't even know there was 2009 product due out in July nor did she know of issues with Mac users and thought that all the reviewers at Amazon must be mistaken.

Mac is a great product but it seems to lack in any accounting product. What have you Mac users come up with for accounting?

We got tired of Quicken so we started using Mint and we love it.

Why did you get tired of Quicken and why do you like Mint?

Mint has opened a whole new world and I'm trying to understand it. I found Yodlee and another online accounting program now that you've brought that to my attention.

• 1 month later...

I hope it is not too late but MYOB, which is now Acclivity www.myob-us.com has great accounting software for MAC. They have both single user and network software for PC and Mac. Check them out if you are still searching for one. Their complete single user support (annual support) is $249 and it includes software upgrades every year. Payroll forms is an extra $79 a year if you need it. They will process payroll for you for a fee.

I hope this helps.