Menu

Letter from president of HEAV re: convention confirmation notifications

I emailed Anne Miller about the concerns some have had about receiving email confirmation notices for this year's convention and she replied with this note and asked me to forward it on to all those here who will be attending.

Kathleen,

Thanks for the opportunity to answer some concerns about HEAV's registration confirmations! Overall, preparations have been going so smoothly, don't you know there'd have to be a glitch near the end! Here are my comments:

- This year when we put the registration forms together, we did not know we'd be doing the confirmations by email. Next year, we'll be more explicit on the form.

- If we didn't have your email address, a confirmation was mailed; if you don't receive it in time, just come to the preregistration table -- your name tags will still be ready.

- We NEVER EVER share your email address (or information). We also will never sign you up for the Virginia Homeschool Update (email newsletter) unless you have opted in to receive it. Since we sometimes have volunteers who help with the data entry, an error may occur from time to time, but it is our strict policy to only send the newsletter to those who specifically ask for it.

Thank you to everyone for working so patiently with us as we've tried to streamline the convention registration process. Change is difficult, but by viewing the convention information online, and receiving your confirmations by email this year, you have helped save thousands and thousands of dollars. If you have any problems, please email office@heav, or call 804-278-9200, or you email me directly at president@heav.org.

I hope to see you all later this week!

Anne Miller, HEAV president/interim executive director

I want to add these thoughts. This past year was a particularly difficult one for HEAV financially speaking. They have been running the organization without an Executive Director (Anne is the President, but not really the administrative head), but have been unable to hire one because of the cost involved. That means HEAV has been running on the power of a few extremely dedicated souls who have been working tirelessly throughout the year with little compensation.

Thanks!