Menu

Do most young men play violent video games?

surrounded by peers who live to play. And, given the nature of men, I expect most young men to get some enjoyment out of the opportunity to be the hero. Part of the video game craze that I think they find appealing is getting to save the day, wear the white hat, show up and conquer. Men have been doing that since the beginning of men.

I must admit, I have no idea how violent the games the op is referring to actually are having little personal experience with anything other than Ms Pacman.:D

We have no video games in our house save the computer which gets little use other than school related software. My husband finds video games a huge time waster and can't begin to understand why a grown man would be interested in such ridiculousness. And, the only time I personally hear of grown men playing these games is here on this board. If possible, I have even less interest than my dh.

Even so, I won't be surprised if my sons want to act the good guy and play these games when they hit young adulthood. I do think in today's world, given the almost universal teen interest in video games, my kids will most likely spend some time behind the "joystick" (do they still call it that? :lol:). If they do decide to play, I won't think any less of them. I'm sure maturity and real life, along with their excellent upbringing :tongue_smilie: will bring them around.

And, I hope my sons have real life opportunities to wear the white hat and flex their ability to save the day.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic