Menu

Happiness is...

Hearing from a student you wrote a LOR for (for college entrance) that not only did he get accepted, he got a full ride from a school Princeton Review says is:  

"a small, elite school known for its "academic rigor" and "prestigious reputation." '

The lad is a gem of a student.  He deserves it and will do well no matter where he goes (he still has other applications outstanding).  Otherwise, for those saying white male students can't get such things, he's white and male - and potentially engineering.  That was on his app major-wise.  For those who think one absolutely must have a super high SAT, his is right around 1200+.  He is first gen (which helps) and high need (EFC about 4K), which might help if the full ride is in any way need based (or could hurt since high need is often more competitive than not for admissions).  Just adding those for stats. 

I'm ecstatic for him.  Our world needs more students like him and it's awesome when they get breaks in life to be able to go places and do things.  It's NOT a Top 10/20/50 school, but as I've often said, one doesn't need that to be successful.  According to a google search for the school, they have ranked first in the country (per capita) for producing lawyers and third for producing physicians and medical researchers.  I'm pretty sure he can be successful if he chooses to go there.   :coolgleamA:

He's not a homeschooler, but homeschoolers can be gems of students too, so there's a data point for any reader to consider.  Meanwhile, I'm on Cloud 9 being happy for him!

• Like 10