Menu

If you have used Applied science: studies of God's nature in design (Master Books)....

would you please help me understand how it works? 

We have only just started and because it seemed very light we are doing two days' worth every day. 

Neither of us can find the answers to the worksheets within the "Discovery of Design" reading scheduled for that day.

Also, I have noticed the questions from the worksheets (at least so far) use the same questions from the book but in the book they are under the heading "for further study"  .....  to me that means the authors are suggesting ideas for additional research using other resources beyond just reading the text but that's not how the same questions are presented in the worksheet. 

There is an answer key but I want to do more than just read the answers out to my student. 

Am I missing something? Will it be like this the whole way through? 

I have not used this course but I am somewhat familiar with the Master Books courses and I own a few of them. I'm not sure this will be all that helpful but I'll take a stab at it.

Yes, the worksheets contain the questions directly from the book. I think all or most of MB's worksheets are like that. So probably they were originally intended to be for further study, but when they made these packages with worksheets, they just took the questions from the book and made them part of the course.

Not being able to find the worksheet answers seems very odd. You would think they would be in there. Maybe it was just that one day's reading? Also, check to make sure you are doing the right worksheet (you never know) because there are a lot of them. When I look at the samples of the Discovery of Design book and the accompanying worksheet for the Introduction, I can find the answers there, but that's the only one I looked at. Maybe the others aren't as clear.

As for will it be that way the whole way through, I certainly hope not. I hope it gets better for you. There are other books in the course and it looks like the worksheets for some of the other books are set up differently, so maybe those will be better.

I hope you get it figured out!

• Like 1