Menu

I am interested in using Runkle's World Geography then BJU's Cultural for high school; I have the RWG schedule provided at Core Foundations ( thank you!)

My questions are:

1) Can I use my Knowledge Quest and/or Uncle Josh's instead of buying the mapping workbook? Seems superfluous considering I have these cds

2) Is it correct to assume that Rnkle's wold be 1/2 credit and then BJU's 1 full-credit under the category: World geography?

That's all I can think of currently; I appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Rachel

We used Runkle's in 8th grade. It is a good curriculum and covers mainly physical rather than political geography. The political geography part is the mapping workbook, so you could definitely do that part using something else. I think if you added a way for your child to learn where things are in the world, and some cultural component it would be a full credit. I would suggest you used videos rather than a text book to teach the cultural part - a lot more engaging and more powerful. And instead of tests for that section, you could get your child to create animated cartoons to explain other cultures, make posters about the countries, short videos etc.