Menu

New experiences for us today!

LisaKinVA

I drove (yes, DROVE), my two biggest kiddos to the bus stop (the stop is a mile away, walking on a busy, narrow, windy road without sidewalks...so I feel justified with the ride.  Trust me, if I felt they would be safe walking, they would have walked!)

Oldest DS is taking 3 classes at the high school (electives).  He had to give up Digital Photography because it was on a "B" Day, and of the original classes he signed up for, that was the one we could most easily accomplish at home.  So now he has Robotics, Advanced Chorus, and Engineering/Architectural Drawing (CAD).  I don't know if it's Engineering Drawing or Architectural Drawing because he was the only student in the Engineering Drawing course (lower level), and the instructor may move him over to the Architectural Drawing side instead.  He is thrilled with his courses.  I'm sending him to school to play with LEGO and draw on computers...such a mean mom!

Oldest DD is also taking 3 courses.  I received special permission for her to take Fundamentals of Art/Drawing/Painting (It's one course, and she teaches technique, but the kids can focus on areas they are most interested in.  I met the instructor, and she seems just wonderful.  Basically, as long as the kids use the technique, it doesn't matter what medium or subject material they select.  One student drew comic books all year.  DD just lit up with this instructor.  After art, she has PE (8th grade, because she needed SOMETHING), and then she's taking a Music Theory/Drama course.  

So on "A" days, they are at the school, after lunch they go to the library most days for about an hour, and then have to return to the school to catch their bus to their dad's work/swim practice, where they have about 3 hours to study (we are still figuring out what to schedule from their core courses on A Days...but I'm leaning towards Literature, Math, and English.  That will leave them AP Chem, History, Foreign Language. and Bible on their "B" days.  They have to get up at 6am Monday-Thursday, and 4:00am on Friday (early practice).

So, I am home today with just my youngest three...which means they get more "MOM" time!  Of course, it also means we get less done with chores and laundry, because my big helpers are gone.  Need to re-work the chore plans into "A" Days and "B" Days...

• Like 6