Menu

Online Maths rigorous classes?

Hello,

My ds is interested in STEM field (ComputerScience/Engineering)so looking for a solid and rigorous online classes which will not need my help in tutoring,quite independent but monitoring them for their homework and assignments would be absolutely fine.

I have browsed and there are the choices:

1)WTMA Pre algebra (AOPS)(Is this course hard or doable for a dc who has finished Singapore Maths 6 and Mathshelp.com Pre Algebra?)

2)http://www.wilsonhillacademy.com/academics/pre-algebra-2/

3)Tablet class pre algebra (Is it rigorous and can stand alone for a year without supplementing with any text book?)

4)http://www.derekowens.com/course_info_prealgebra.php

I have read good reviews about all upper stated classes but for deciding on one making me confuse as this is the very first time for online classes.

Your recommendations and experiences please!Esp. with WTMA AOPS classes and others?How are the classes?If student get stuck in any problem then how he will get assistance?As I am a non mathy person so making sure before registration.and What are the sale or discounted period for these online classes?

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

The AoPS text is absolutely fantastic, but not for the feint of heart. DS8 did it and loved it, but we're an odd bunch (he has two mathematician parents). If your son has gone through Singapore 6, I believe he will have all necessary background. The question really would be whether he is the type of kid who keeps working at things until they're right, or has to be pushed. The first type does well with AoPS. The second needs a very involved parent to get much out of AoPS.