Menu

I have just about everything figured out for next year, however, I'm still questioning whether I need a formal writing program or not.  My kiddos will be 7th, 4th, and 1st grade.  We will be using Amy Paks Time Traveler's cd's with everybody, Primary or Intermediate Language Lessons (4th grader), and Queens Language Lessons for the Secondary Child (7th grader).  I'm wondering if there is enough writing between these programs, or should I add in IEW?  I don't want to overload my kiddos, but writing is the one subject I always question myself on...am I teaching them enough?  I would really appreciate any advice/thoughts you have for me!  Thanks so much!!

I think it would be enough as long as they are writing in other subject areas as well to apply what they are learning. My 7th grader is using QLL for Secondary Child too. She also freewrites (working on a novel), and writes in journal/notebooking pages for history and science. Once a week she writes a narration of a selection from a McGuffey Reader and copyworks from that and from other literature a couple of times a week. So, she is writing nearly every day but the Queens book is the only actual instructional thing she is doing. The rest is just...well...writing. :)